- ½ large onion
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2-4 baking apples such as Honeycrisp or Braeburn
- 1 acorn squash
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or good chicken stock
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice all vegetables into ¼-inch rounds or half moons.
- Heat up butter in a 12 Inch Cast Iron Pan over medium and fry thyme for 3 minutes. Pour into a small bowl with honey and set aside.
- Arrange vegetables tightly in a circular pattern. Add liquid, then cover and transfer to oven.
- Bake with lid on for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn temperature up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush vegetables with remaining thyme-honey butter, season liberally with salt, and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and starting to brown.