- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 1 leek (white part only), rinsed well and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded (discard any that won't close)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a 12 Inch Skillet, combine the wine, butter, leek, and red pepper and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the mussels, and cover. Cook until the shells open and the mussels are plump, 8-10 minutes; discard any that won’t open. Sprinkle the parsley over the top and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Serve right from the skillet or Dutch oven with sliced bread.