- 1 cup self-risinig cornmeal
- 1 8-ounce can, creamed corn
- ½ cup canola oil, separated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While oven is preheating, pour ¼ cup of oil into a 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Skillet and place in oven to preheat.
- Mix all ingredients together. Using handle holders, remove skillet from the oven (it will be very hot!), pour the hot oil into the cornmeal mixture, and stir together.
- Pour cornmeal mix into hot skillet and bake for 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.