- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 5 peaches, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- Add the sliced peaches, ¾ cup of the sugar, and cinnamon to a saucepan and stir to combine.
- Cook on medium heat for just a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved and helps to bring out juices from the peaches. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a 9 inch cast iron skillet or 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 cup of the sugar, and buttermilk. Pour mixture into the pan over butter. Spoon peaches and juice evenly around the pan.
- Bake at 350 in a preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the crust turns golden brown. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.