- 2 quarts water
- 24 ounces beer
- ½ cup Old Bay seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 heads of garlic, halved
- 1 white onion, halved (keep the root intact)
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 2 ears of corn, quartered
- 1 pound Andouille sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound blue grab, whole
- 1 pound mussels
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 pound red potatoes from Seafood Boil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan and chives for garnish
- Boil water, beer, old bay, salt, lemons, garlic, and onions in a 6 quart Dutch oven. Add potatoes and corn.
- Preheat Dutch oven lid grill pan over medium-high heat, 3-5 minutes. Grill sausage for 3-5 minutes per side. Add sausage to Dutch oven and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove everything from the Dutch oven except the broth.
- Add crab, shrimp, and mussels and cook until the shells turn pink, about 10-12 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
If you want to make smashed potatoes with the boiled potatoes cooked in the boil, here are the steps:
- Preheat griddle over medium-high heat, 3-5 minutes. Place potatoes on the griddle and flatten carefully with a fork or the bottom of a skillet. Drizzle the top with olive oil garlic salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes in 450 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, return Dutch oven to a boil. Add crab, shrimp, and mussels and cook until the shells turn pink, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and top with Parmesan and chives. Serve with seafood, corn, and lemon wedges.