- 1 package (¼ ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) margarine or butter, melted
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 Cast Iron Mini Cake Pans or Cast Iron Muffin Pans.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water and let it sit until it swells.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pans, filling the wells ½-⅔ full. (Any unused batter will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week.)
- Bake until browned, about 20 minutes.