- 6 cups All Bran cereal
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Put 2 cups of the cereal in a large bowl. Pour the boiling water over it and let stand a few minutes. Mix in the melted butter, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and the remaining 4 cups cereal.
- In another large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the wet mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Using a well-buttered Lodge cast iron muffin pan, you can bake off however muffins you like or transfer the batter to an airtight container and refrigerate for future use (it will keep for up to 4 weeks). The batter is good to go as soon as it is mixed.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425°. Fill the wells of the muffin pan to just below the tops. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Poke a broom straw or toothpick into the muffins. If it comes out clean, the muffins are ready.