- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound sweet sausage
- 2 cups (18-ounce package) shredded cheddar jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds frozen tater tots
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped finely
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the sausage. Remove the cooked sausage with a slotted spoon and place in the bottom of a 9x13 Inch Baking Dish. Sprinkle 1½ cups shredded cheese on top of the sausage.
- In a large bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour evenly over the cheese and sausage. Layer the top with frozen tater tots, keeping them all the same direction.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for about 35 minutes. Top with an additional ½ cup of shredded cheese and crumbled bacon, and bake for another 5-10 minutes, just until the cheese is melted and the top is golden-brown. Garnish with finely chopped green onion. Serve immediately.