- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chunks
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Melt the butter in a 12 Inch Skillet over low heat. Turn off the heat and stir in both sugars into the melted butter. Fold in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture and stir until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- Run a wet paper towel around the edges of the pan to clean them up. Scatter the nuts over the top of the batter.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the edges are lightly browned and the center is still a little soft to the touch, 25-30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.