- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips or M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat both sugars and the butter until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir well with a wooden spoon. The dough will be stiff. Stir in the chocolate chips or M & Ms.
- Oil or butter a 10.25 Inch Skillet (or spray with cooking spray). Pat the cookie dough evenly into the skillet. Bake until the edges are lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let cool on a wire rack or trivet for 15 minutes. Cut the cookie into desired wedges and serve it directly from the skillet using a pie server.