- 1 homemade pie crust
- 3-4 medium zucchini, sliced to ¼-inch thickness
- 4 scallions, ends trimmed
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (plus 1 tablespoon for topping)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Season zucchini and scallions with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Line a Cast Iron Baking Pan with parchment paper. Roast the zucchini and scallions, 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop scallions.
- Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and roll the dough until it is about ⅛-inch thick (14 inches in diameter). Roll pie dough into a 12 Inch Skillet (the edges should hang over quite a bit). Brush the bottom of the pie dough with olive oil and sprinkle with cheese and chopped scallions.
- Start in the center and place the zucchini slices in a slightly overlapping circular pattern. Fold the edges over to form the crust.
- Brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.