- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 skin-on chicken breasts, boneless
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes, quartered
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke pickling liquid
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces on a bias
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped, plus a little for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Baguette for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a Chef Collection 12 Inch Cast Iron Everyday Pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken — skin-side down first — until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Transfer the chicken onto another plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the mushrooms and sear until golden brown, 5 minutes. Add artichokes, pickling liquid, water, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Cook the mixture just until it’s warmed through (about 3 minutes) and add chicken back to the pan. Transfer to oven and cook until the chicken reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, then transfer the pieces to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, mix in the asparagus and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Cook on the stove top until the asparagus is tender, 5 minutes. Slice the chicken on a bias and lay on top of the vegetable mixture. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.