- 8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1, 12-ounce can evaporated milk, divided
- 4 ounces canned diced green chiles, drained (mild or hot, your preference)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat an 8 Inch Skillet over low heat.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheese. In a medium bowl, toss grated cheese with cornstarch.
- Add cheese mixture to warm skillet along with 1 cup of evaporated milk. Whisk constantly until smooth, about 2 minutes. At first, the mixture will be grainy, but as it melts, it will smooth out.
- Add more evaporated milk until desired consistency is reached. The dip will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Stir in chiles and hot sauce.