- 1 yukon gold potato
- 2 tablespoons oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- Gradually preheat an12 Inch Skillet on medium heat. Grate the potato using a box grater and place the shreds into a strainer.
- Rinse the shreds until the water runs clear, about 30 seconds.
- Working in handfuls, squeeze all the water out of the potatoes and place into a bowl. Add flour, salt, and pepper and toss together.
- Add the butter or cooking oil to your skillet. Scoop a heaping spoonful of potato mixture onto the skillet and smooth it flat. Repeat until skillet is full.
- Cook latkes without disturbing until fully browned on one side, about 4-5 minutes. Flip, and cook another 4-5 minutes, until the latke is well-browned.