- 3 springs rosemary
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small bunch kale, stems and ribs removed, chopped
- 10 ounces ground pork
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated plus more, shaved, for topping
- ¼ cup soy sauce, divided
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 10 ounces baby bella mushrooms, ends trimmed, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a skillet, add rosemary and oil. Allow the oil to heat up and rosemary to fry until crispy, about 5 minutes. Strain oil and transfer the fried rosemary onto a paper towel-lined plate. Season with salt.
- In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of the rosemary oil and sauté kale 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and allow kale to completely cool. Mince ⅓ of the kale, setting the remainder aside.
- In a large bowl mix pork, cheese, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, onion powder, minced kale, and ½ teaspoon salt. Heat a skillet and sear a test meatball in rosemary oil. Adjust the seasoning if needed, then split the remaining mixture into portions, about 2 tablespoons each. Shape into round balls.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining rosemary oil. Fry meatballs until the majority of the surface area is seared golden brown, 6-8 minutes. Transfer the meatballs out of the pan and add the mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms until golden brown, then deglaze with remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Return the sautéed kale to the skillet, followed by the meatballs. Garnish with fried rosemary leaves and shaved parmesan. Serve while hot.