- Classic Pizza Dough recipe (makes 2 pizzas)
Sauce (enough for two pizzas)
- 1 cup san marzano tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Toppings (enough for two pizzas)
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 60 gr sliced pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 250 gr fresh mozzarella, broken into chunks
- While the dough is rising, make the sauce. Use a blender or food processor to blend together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, tomato paste, and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 260 degrees C.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Allow to rise for 10 additional minutes. Punch down again and spread one of the halves or roll it onto your pizza pan sprinkled with cornmeal. Drizzle the pizza dough with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Top with ⅓ cup of sauce leaving 1.3 Cm around the crust. Sprinkle with ½ cup shredded mozzarella. Top with roasted red peppers, pepperoni, and fresh mozzarella. Bake for 12-15 minutes.*
- Remove pizza to cutting board. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and top with 1 tablespoon chopped basil. Repeat for the second pizza.
*Pro Tip: Check the second pizza after 10 minutes. The preheated cast iron will cook the pizza faster than traditional pans.
- Recipe makes two pizzas.
- Replace any of the suggested toppings with toppings of your choice.