- 6 teaspoons coarsely cracked peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, coarsely cracked
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 medium leeks (2 ½ pounds), white and green part only, halved lengthwise and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub skirt steak with peppercorn mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- Blanch leeks 3-4 minutes in a large saucepan of salted water. Transfer cut side down to a paper towel lined baking sheet to drain.
- Heat the griddle, then add 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat until smoking. Sear steak 3 minutes per side. Transfer to carving board.
- Wipe out griddle and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add leeks cut side down over high heat until charred, 3 minutes. Transfer to platter and drizzle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Slice steaks against the grain and serve with leeks.