- 10-12 large sea scallops
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Season all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in griddle over medium-high heat, 4-5 minutes. Sear scallops for 2-3 minutes without disturbing. Use a fish spatula to carefully flip scallops and cook for an additional 1-2 min.
- Remove scallops from the griddle and allow to rest. Drain excess oil from the pan and return to medium heat.
- Add butter to griddle and allow to brown, 2-3 minutes. Add fresh thyme sprigs. Whisk in lemon juice until incorporated. Spoon brown butter sauce over scallops. Serve.