- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2, 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it boils. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook until sauce has thickened, 10 minutes. Remove basil from sauce and throw away. Blend the sauce with a stick blender. Strain sauce through a fine mesh strainer, set aside.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat, 5 minutes. Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Add vegetable oil to pan and sear salmon, skin side up, 3-4 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium low and flip. Brush with raspberry sauce and continue to cook until fish has reached desired temperature, 2-3 minutes. Drizzle with sauce and serve.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and fresh basil.