- 16 cups chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 white onions, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 4 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan, divided
- Parsley for garnish
- Bring the chicken broth to a simmer in a large stockpot. Heat a 6 Quart Enameled Dutch Oven over medium heat and add olive oil, 4 cloves of garlic, and onions. Sauté until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Add rice and stir for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of wine and stir until the liquid has absorbed. Repeat until all the broth is absorbed into the rice and the risotto is creamy, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in ½ cup of grated parmesan.
- Heat a 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat. Melt two tablespoons of butter and add garlic, sauté 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and 2 tablespoons of butter. Sauté mushrooms for 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Stir half the mushrooms into the risotto. Top the risotto with mushrooms and grated parmesan. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!