- 2 quarts apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon all spice berries
- ½ teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 apple, quartered
- 1 orange, sliced
- Heat the Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven lid over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add the cinnamon sticks, all spice berries, and cloves. Toast the spices for 3-5 minutes or until your kitchen smells like fall.
- Add 2 quarts of cider, the ginger, apple, and oranges to the dutch oven over medium-high heat with the toasted spices. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Top with the lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain spices before serving.
- Serve warm. Garnish with orange slices.