- 1 ½ cups yellow cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ⅛ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 whole egg
- 4 ½ tablespoons butter, melted
- Non-stick spray
- Sorghum syrup for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed. In separate bowl, melt butter and combine with buttermilk. In another bowl, whisk eggs and combine all wet ingredients.
- Gently fold buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Lightly spray cornstick molds with non-stick spray. Fill each mold ¾ of the way with batter.
- Preheat your pan in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and edges are crispy.
- Set aside to cool, then remove madeleines. Serve with sorghum syrup for dipping.