- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more for greasing
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon za’atar, plus more for sprinkling
- ¼ tablespoon cayenne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix everything together coating each piece of eggplant thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased casserole dish, sprinkle with more za’atar, cover with aluminum foil and bake until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve warm out of baking dish.