- 4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 peaches, quartered with pits removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons walnuts, roasted, chopped, and divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small pot, bring milk to a simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice and ½ teaspoon salt, then let the mixture sit, 1-2 minutes. Once the milk begins to curdle, slowly stir to continue the process. When the milk solids have completely separated, slowly strain through a cheesecloth-lined fine-mesh strainer. Keep the solids and discard the whey. Let the cheese cool and continue to drain.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the peaches with oil and season with salt and pepper. On a preheated grill pan, grill the peaches on one side until marks appear, 2- 3 minutes. Flip on the other cut side and cook until grill marks appear on that side too, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the peaches to a bowl and dress with honey, 3 tablespoons of the walnuts, remaining lemon juice, zest, allspice, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Spread the ricotta cheese evenly on a serving platter, place the grilled peach mixture on top, and garnish with the remaining walnuts.