- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 1 8-ounce packet cream cheese
- 2 green onions
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- Core and seed the jalapeño peppers.
- Dice the green onion and mix with the cream cheese.
- Fill the peppers ⅔ full with cheese mixture.
- Plug the end of each pepper with one pineapple chunk.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap a piece one around each pepper, piercing with a toothpick to keep it in place.
- Grill over med-high heat, turning often, until bacon is fully cooked.
Fun Fact: The first known tailgates originated when local residents brought baskets of food to nourish and cheer on soldiers during the Civil War.