- 1, 9-ounce package chocolate wafers (such as Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cacao)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Process the wafers in a food processor fitted with the metal blade until crushed or seal them in a ziptop plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Melt ¼ cup (½ stick) of the butter in a medium saucepan. Add to the wafers; pulse to combine or work into the crumbs with your fingertips. Press the wafer mixture into the bottom of six 5 Inch Skillets.
- Melt the remaining ½ cup (1 stick) butter and chocolate chips together in the same saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar, flour, and vanilla. While whisking, add the eggs and beat well. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared skillets. Bake for 18 minutes (they will not look set at this point). The centers will be slightly gooey. Do not overbake.
- Serve each lucky guest their own chocolate skillet, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.