- 1 ¾ to 2 cups fine gingersnap crumbs (about 40-50 small cookies)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, separated
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sweetened, condensed milk
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream and nuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter together in pie plate and press to form crust.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip egg white until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat pumpkin, sugar, milk, salt, vanilla and egg yolk until smooth, then fold in egg whites.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pie shell and return to oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving, at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and nuts.