- 1 pound (about 20-25) shrimp, peeled and deveined (frozen are convenient, but fresh are great if you have them!)
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1, 15-ounce can whole corn, drained
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pound linguine or fettuccini
- ½ cup pre-grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- Basil or dill and olive oil to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat 5.68Lt Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons butter and sear the shrimp, a minute or two on each side. Remove from dutch oven and set aside.
- Add remaining butter, onion, and a large pinch of salt to the pan. Cook onions, stirring frequently, until soft and lightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add corn, stock, another pinch of salt, and cream, then stir to combine. Add pasta.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until pasta is al dente and the cooking liquid is mostly thickened.
- Stir in cheese, then taste for seasoning. Toss with shrimp, tomatoes, herbs and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.