- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Pickled onions
- Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a cast iron loaf pan inside.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Combine 4 tablespoons of butter, the egg, and the buttermilk. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until smooth.
- Move the loaf pan from the oven. Add the remaining butter to the pan and swirl to coat. Pour in the batter filling the loaf pan about ¾ full; it should sizzle vigorously. Shake the pan to distribute it evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool inside the pan. Once cool, remove the loaf from the pan and cut into 1-inch slices.
- Stir chopped cilantro into yogurt. Spread yogurt sauce onto each slice and top with avocado, pickled onions, and Sriracha.