- 1 1/2 packages (6.5 oz.) Martha WhiteÂ® Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix (total amount 9 ¾ ounces)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup Martha WhiteÂ® Yellow Cornmeal to spread over the working surface
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thigh filets, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped (in food processor) mustard greens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
1. Combine Martha White® Yellow Cornbread & Muffin Mix, all-purpose flour, buttermilk, and water in a large glass bowl. Mix well using a fork. Knead the mixture for a few minutes to form a ball of dough. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature.
2. Heat the deep skillet part of the Lodge® 3.2 Quart Combo Cooker over medium heat. Add oil and when heated through, add ginger, garlic and onions. Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly brown. Add chicken pieces, red pepper, and turmeric. Continue to stir until chicken pieces turn opaque. Add mustard greens. Mix well and cook for a few minutes while continuing to stir. Add salt and buttermilk, mix well. When buttermilk begins to boil, cover the skillet using the skillet cover.
3. Reduce heat to low and let mixture cook for 10 minutes. Remove the cover and stir. Cook until the liquid has been absorbed into the mixture. Remove from heat and cover with aluminum foil.
4. Wipe the skillet cover clean and place it on the stove. Heat the skillet cover to medium-low heat (surface temperature of around 350-400 degrees F). Divide the dough into four equal parts and form into four round patties. One at a time, place the patties on the working surface. Use a rolling pin to roll into 7-inch diameter, round pita dough. Place the dough on the skillet one at a time and cook one minute per side until lightly brown on both sides. Remove from heat and place on a serving plate.
5. Cut each pita in half, then using a sharp, thin knife, split open both halves. Divide the chicken and mustard green mixture into 8 equal parts and fill each pita half with this portion of mixture and serve.