- 3 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 packet (¼ ounces) active dry rapid-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 ¼ cups lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ½ cup flour with yeast and salt. Dissolve honey in lukewarm water and add to mixture. Add olive oil.
- In the bowl of a mixer, or using a wooden spoon, mix for 3 minutes. Mix in remaining flour (dough should be only slightly sticky.)
- Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 10 minutes in a warm place.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Allow to rise for 10 additional minutes. Punch down and spread one of the halves by hand or roller onto your Cast Iron Baking Pan.
- Add toppings of your choice and place in a preheated 450 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 8-10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cool 2-3 minutes before cutting or serving.