- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 7 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup bourbon or strong coffee
- 2 cups chopped pecans (about a pound)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter and mix well with sugar and salt. Fold in flour.
- Press the dough evenly into a 9 x 13 Baking Dish. Poke with a fork 10-12 times.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While crust is baking, finely chop chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until smooth, about a minute and a half.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk, followed by eggs, vanilla and bourbon. Add pecans last.
- Pour pecan mixture over pre-baked crust. Return to the oven and bake another 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool at least one hour before slicing. Drizzle extra chocolate over the top if desired.