- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (plus two tablespoons) unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1 ½ cups (plus 2 tablespoons) coconut sugar, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup olive oil, divided, plus more for greasing
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- flaked salt for garnish
- fresh berries for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Whisk flour, ¾ cup cocoa powder, 1½ cups coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt until full incorporated. Mix in ½ cup oil, water, and vinegar until batter just forms but no lumps remain. Divide batter by pouring halfway up each of the 7 greased mini cake pans and bake 15-20 minutes.
- While the cakes bake, make the chocolate glaze: In a double boiler*, melt dark chocolate, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar, and the remaining ¼ cup oil. Mix until smooth and keep warm until serving.
- Gently flip the pan to remove cakes and let cool slightly on a wire rack. Cover the cakes with chocolate glaze on the rack—or tableside when serving. Serve cakes with flaked salt and fresh berries.