- 700 gr skirt steak
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 170 gr Velveeta cheese
- 4 hoagie buns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl or resealable bag, add skirt steak and Worcestershire sauce. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Light charcoal in a chimney starter and heat until the edges are gray, about 10 minutes.
- Add charcoal to grill, place cooking grate on top, and preheat for 5-7 minutes with the draft open halfway.
- While the grill grate is preheating, add melting pot with 1 tablespoon of butter and garlic. Once melted, add milk and Velveeta cheese. Stir frequently until melted and remove from heat.
- Soften remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, then cut and butter buns.
- Drizzle oil over peppers and onions.
- Remove steak from marinade and dry with paper towels. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Oil the grate and grill the steak 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from grill and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Place onions and peppers on the grill and cook 3-5 minutes per side.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and season with a pinch of salt.
- Place two of the buttered buns on the grill until nicely browned, about 1-2 minutes. Flip, top with sliced steak, peppers and onions, drizzle with cheese sauce, and remove from grill. Repeat with remaining buns and steak.