- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (or goat cheese) at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- Gradually heat Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat for 3-4 mins.
- Melt the butter. Add the onions, salt, and sugar. Toss to coat. Cook for 30-45 mins. until deep brown, stirring occasionally.
- Place the onions in a mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Garnish with chives and serve with hardy chips and a sweet jam.