- 2 Martha White Sweet Yellow Cornbread and Muffin Mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 sweet potato, roasted, peeled, and mashed
- orange zest
- lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 3 green onions (green tops diced)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups frozen shoepeg corn, thawed
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 pound smoked andouille sausage, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar pickled okra (4-5 chopped, depending on preference)
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat ¼ cup of vegetable oil in a 12 inch skillet.
3. Combine cornbread mix, eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, orange zest, lemon zest, creole mustard, cajun seasoning, and onions. Mix well.
4. Gently fold in the crab meat, careful not to overmix. Add cilantro and pour into skillet.
5. Place skillet in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
6. While the cornbread is in the oven, gently toss all Maque Choux ingredients in a bowl until combined. Chill until ready to use.
7. Combine all ingredients for the Bloody Mary drizzle and chill until ready to use.
8. Remove cornbread from oven. Allow to cool. Slice into triangles and place a slice onto a serving plate. Spoon a generous portion of the Maque Choux on top and finish with the Bloody Mary Drizzle. Enjoy!