- 1 pound of flat pasta sheets
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta
- 2 ¼ cups parmesan, grated, divided
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon allspice, ground
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook pasta sheets in boiling water to al dente, 7-8 minutes. Strain and shock with cold water. Set aside.
- Separately combine ricotta, 1½ cups parmesan, 2 tablespoons lemon zest, ½ teaspoon onion powder, allspice, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- Add ½ cup parmesan, remaining lemon zest, remaining onion powder, basil, and lemon juice to small food processor. While the motor is running, add remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the lasagna in a greased 9 x 13 Inch Baking Dish. Spread a thin layer of pesto, topped with pasta sheets, ricotta, pasta sheets, and butternut squash. Repeat the layers until the baking dish is full and the majority of components are used. Top the lasagna with ricotta and pesto. Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until squash is soft and lasagna is golden brown. Cut into squares and serve.