- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 (6-cup) Cast Iron Muffin Pans with butter or shortening and place them in the oven for 10 minutes as it preheats.
- Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, beat the eggs until foamy; add milk, stirring to combine. Gradually add the milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Stir in the melted butter.
- Fill the wells of the prepared muffin pans two-thirds full with batter. Bake until browned, 32-35 minutes. They should have hollow centers when they come out of the oven.
- For an extra kick: Turn them over and make a split in the bottom. At the table, fill the centers with gravy or jelly, depending on the meal, or you can simply dollop gravy or jelly on top.