- 3 Each chicken legs, thighs and drumsticks, separated
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 8 ounces cipollini onions, peeled
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 cups water, divided
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the chicken with allspice, salt, and pepper. Add oil to a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, and sear the chicken skin-side down until golden brown on all sides, 10-15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve for later.
- Add the pancetta to the pan and cook until golden, 8-10 minutes. Add the onions and golden raisins and cook slightly, 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with a little bit of water. Scrape the bottom of the pan for stuck-on bits and add the chicken back to the pan. Add the vinegar and enough water so that the liquid is covering the chicken ¾ of the way up. Cover with the lid and braise the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove the lid and cook the chicken for 15 minutes more. Let the pot cool for 10 minutes. Just before you serve, mix in chopped parsley.