- 6 baking apples
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 ¼ cup water
- 6 ounces orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Wash and dry apples. Remove core, but do not cut all the way through the bottom of the apple.
- In a small bowl, combine raisins, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg. Divide filling into 6 equal portions. Using fingers, stuff apples with filling.
- In a small bowl, combine water, orange juice concentrate and honey. Mix until well blended.
- Place apples in 30.48 Cm Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven. Carefully pour orange juice mixture over apples.*
- Bake between 350-450 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes, or until apples are tender. Spoon excess sauce over apples before serving.
Pro Tip: Use an aluminum foil liner in the Dutch oven to make cleanup a breeze.