- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup semolina or durum flour
- 1/2 teaspoon instant or active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt cheese (well drained Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (thyme, chives, basil, parsley)
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 8 ounces thick cut bacon, cooked halfway and cut into batons
- 3 large or 4 medium peaches, washed, peeling optional
- 6 ounces blue cheese
- Fresh thyme or parsley sprigs to garnish
For the crust:
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add the water and olive oil, and mix well to make a soft dough. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the dough and fold it by grabbing the edge, pulling it up then pressing it down into the center of the bowl. Give the bowl a quarter turn and repeat, going all the way around the bowl twice.
- Repeat this folding process twice more at 2 hour intervals; cover and let the dough rest at cool room temperature (68°F) overnight.
- To bake, divide the dough in half, and gently press each one into a 12” circle on a piece of semolina-dusted parchment, leaving a 1/2” rim around the edge untouched. Flour your hands if the dough is sticky, but don’t add flour to the dough.
- Cover with a large inverted bowl and let rest for 45 minutes. While the dough rises, put a cast iron baking pan or pizza stone in the center of your oven and preheat to 500°F.
For the toppings:
- Mix the yogurt cheese with the herbs and spread half of the mixture on each pizza. Spread the caramelized onions over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the bacon on top and arrange peach slices all over. Sprinkle each pizza with 3 ounces of blue cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the oven or 14 minutes on the grill, covered, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Remove from the oven or grill and let set for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.