- 1/2 pound bacon, diced (fat reserved)
- 2 cups Martha White self-rising cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/4 cup scallion tops, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. While oven is preheating, spray two Cast Iron Wedge Pans with vegetable oil and place in the oven to preheat.
2. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add diced bacon and cook until crisped and fat is rendered. Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Reserve bacon fat.
3. Whisk together cornmeal, sugar, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, sour cream, and eggs.
5. Add the egg mixture to the cornmeal and combine.
6. Fold in bacon, gorgonzola, and scallion greens.
7. Remove wedge pan from oven and evenly divide reserved bacon fat in each cavity.
8. Carefully fill each mold ¾ of the way with batter.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and edges are crispy.