- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour/starch
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon oat flour
- ¼ cup plus 1 heaping tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or olive oil
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Unsalted butter, for the pan
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca flour/starch, oat flour, rice flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Stir the egg, butter or olive oil, and milk together in a small bowl, add to the flour mixture, and mix with as few stirs as you need to get it all combined.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Spoon the batter into the pan, cooking a single pancake first to check if the pan is the correct temperature. Cook until the underside of the pancake is golden brown and air bubbles appear on top, about 1 minute. Flip and cook the second side until done. Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve immediately.