- 2 pounds baby portobello mushrooms
- 5 ounces Saltine crackers, 1 sleeve, crumbled
- 1 cup salted butter, 2 sticks, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently wash mushroom with a damp cloth or paper towel. Remove stems and discard.
- Add crumbled crackers to melted butter. Mix well, breaking up large cracker pieces as necessary. Add minced garlic and garlic powder to cracker mixture. Mix well. Fold in mozzarella cheese.
- Using a spoon, stuff mushroom caps until overflowing. Place on a seasoned carbon steel griddle.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce or pesto (optional).